Quick Reference

Spakes: Mythologically real creatures. They stalk you, kill you with knives, and feed off of your soul.



Innocents: Basically, virgins who are stalked and killed by Spakes.


Connectors: Innocents who were killed improperly by Spakes. Ghost-like entities that are neither living nor dead.


The Originals: The first five Spakes (later six, including Habakkuk) who were pulled into this reality from their own by certain Ancient Egyptian Scribes.

Monday, May 9, 2011

BoM: (Book Of the Month) In a Pinch

EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY BY GERALDINE PINCH
Found it: Local Library

Age: Intermediate

Useful: 2/5

Own it? I don't, but I might

Review:

I read straight through this book and I have to say, I do not recommend such a venture. Although written well enough, and filled with quite  a lot of information, it can be a bit dry and at times overwhelming to read at one swallow. However, if one is searching for a reference book this could very well prove useful. The cross-references are particularly useful. Although I was not a huge fan of this book, as the writing was not particular to my taste, I would not mind owning this in case I needed to look up a certain person. That stated: as a good read, this does not rate high, as a reference tool, it is adequate.


Where can I purchase this book?
Amazon
Borders
B&N 
Books-a-Million

If you've read this book please let me know what you thought, or if you have any recommendations similar to it! I'd love to hear what you think :)

No comments: